So you finally got your dream car? Being able to drive your own car should never stop you from being cautious about the many factors which could wreck your dream car into a junk car in an instant – rust. Rather, take all necessary precautions to keep your car looking brand new all the time. Prevention remains better than cure so we’re not just giving you rust removal tips; below are surefire rust prevention tips to avoid car rusting.
- The very first thing to remember for your rust prevention process is by stopping rust before it can start. Always make sure that you give it proper and ample attention before it eats way to the other side. Take effort in maintaining your car’s body. This only means a regular checking of the rust-prone areas as often as you can.
- Keep your touch-up paint at your reach. You may also regularly check your car’s painted finish with a fine tooth comb. Simply look for nicks and chips in the paint. In cases where a chip is found in a weaseled surface, use sand paper to bare the metal.
- Always clean the dirt from the chips afterwards by using a clean cloth. This time, you may also use your favorite rust stain remover. After doing so, use a touch-up brush to dab a little paint on the nick just enough to fill in gaps and dents. You don’t need to coat the surrounding surface as this will make your touch up more visible and noticeable. Do the process very carefully until the nick blends with the rest of the car color.
- To protect your car from corrosion was your car’s undercarriage regularly. You may do so by visiting your nearest car wash ay least once a month. Spray the underside of your car including its inside wheel wells.
- Keep your car clean all throughout. When dirt builds up against your car’s undercarriage, moisture is held and thus, promoting rust. If you keep it clean under, surfaces will dry quicker making it less vulnerable to oxidation.
With these easy and quick prevention tips, you would not need to remove rust at all. Proper prevention keeps your car free from rusting.