For many, bed bugs are no longer just characters in a nursery rhyme. Since more than a decade ago, they became a widespread real-life menace attacking hotels, offices, apartments and houses. If you don’t want to experience the worst of their effects, you got to learn how to get rid of bed bugs in the best possible means.
There are several methods of getting rid of bed bugs. But you couldn’t possibly implement all of them, could you? Apart from the fact that it takes a lot of time to complete all of them, it’s also just a waste of money to implement several techniques when you could kill bed bugs in just one process. All you have to do is just determine which of them is the best.
But what makes a bed bug treatment method the best?
Well, considering today’s financial and health issues, the best bed bug elimination process refers to one that could kill the pests effectively without requiring too much money and without risking anyone’s health. And this post will help you determine that best bed bug treatment that you should implement.
Bed Bug Resurgence
For some time, bed bug population in developed countries like United States dropped considerably. And according to experts, the use of DDT was one of the reasons why their number declined. However, the said chemical was banned in 1972. And because of that, bed bug population rose again.
Today, the vampire-like pests have reached even the biggest cities like New York. And worse, the number of their infestations continues to grow.
Given that and the fact that bed bugs are sneaky and are very good hitchhikers, you could be their next victim. For that specific reason, you must know how to get rid of bed bugs. Else, you could suffer from bed bug bites and unnecessary expenses for the replacement of the furniture they could invade.
Get the Latest Bed Bug News Today
Is your city crawling with bed bugs?
Baltimore may want to omit its latest superlative from the tourist brochure: The city with the most bedbug treatments. Orkin ranked the city atop its annual Top 50 Bed Bug Cities List, a ranking of metro areas based on the number of bed bug treatments ...
Cities with the most bed bugs: Does your hometown rank?
Baltimore, Washington rank as top spots for bedbugs, pest control company says
Chicago No Longer Number One In Bed Bugs
Henry Fox: Presenting latest research on bedbugs
With the worldwide explosion of bedbugs, the first major concern was that of their health implications. It was learned quickly that they do not carry disease. This is a two-edged sword: Great news is that with all the other trauma spread by these six ...
Mich. state workers dealing with bedbugs â at the office
LANSING, Mich. â If workers need another reason to stay home, they've got one now: bedbugs at the office. The insects in a Michigan state office building downtown were first spotted Dec. 22 and have forced some employees in the state Department of ...
Bedbugs 'eradicated' at state office building in Lansing
Bedbugs found at Michigan government office in Lansing
How Do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs – What are the Characteristics of the Best Bed Bug Treatment?
As mentioned, there are several bed bug treatment methods that you could implement to eliminate the blood-fed insects. But before we go over those methods, let’s take a look first at the characteristics of the technique that you must pick.
Basically, these are the attributes your bed bug treatment should possess:
- Effective – there is no point executing a bed bug treatment if the process couldn’t kill the pests. More than eating away your time, it would also just consume your energy and money. And so, before you decide which method you would take, you have to make sure that it has been proven effective by other bed bug victims.In addition, you also have to make sure you could implement it right. An ineffective process and an effective one but implemented wrong are both not going to save you from bed bugs and the problems that they could bring.
- Safe – when getting rid of bed bugs, you must also think of the process’ effect to yours and other people’s health. Implementing a bed bug treatment solely because it is effective could double your problems instead of clearing them.For a truly safe elimination of the pests, your bed bug treatment has to be chemical-free. A process that uses a chemical-based ingredient in any of its step could release elements that could bring you allergies, coughing, breathing difficulties and nausea. In worse cases, it could even poison you and anyone exposed to it.
- Affordable –with the current economic crisis, everyone is now tightening his belt. If you have a cheaper option to get your bed bug treatment done without compromising the effectiveness and the safety of the elimination of the pests, wouldn’t you take it? Surely, you would, right?And the good news is, there are indeed inexpensive bed bug treatment methods that could save you from the pests. You just need to check carefully which of them possesses all the other characteristics that make the best bed bug treatment method.
- Easy – if a process is easy, it means you could do it promptly. And because bed bugs spread fast, a prompt method is necessary to prevent the worse of their infestation.
Now with the attributes of the best bed bug treatment determined, let’s see which methods feature them. And which among your available options outdoes the others?
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs – Your Bed Bug Treatment Options
Generally, there are three methods of bed bug treatment most commonly implemented. They are the heat treatment, hiring of a bed bug exterminator and the use of a bed bug spray. Let’s see which of them offers the best solution to bed bug elimination.
- Heat Treatment – as you could easily deduce, this option enables you to kill bed bugs with heat. And basically, there are two ways of how you could do this process. They are:Steam Treatment – with this method, you would need a steamer. And as it has been proven, this technique works as it is both effective and inexpensive. However, it also presents several consequences.
Disadvantages of Bed Bug Steam Treatment– Steaming the affected area is labor-intensive and so, it eats more time than all the other methods.
– To complete the process, you will need to evacuate the place.
– The process is effective in killing the bed bugs infesting the spot. However, it doesn’t protect it from another infestation. And that would require you another labor-intensive implementation.
Thermal Treatment – instead of a steamer, this treatment uses heating devices to raise the temperature in the room. The higher the temperature, the shorter is the time needed to kill bed bugs. In general though, the lethal temperature for bed bugs with its corresponding time is 113 degree F for 90 minutes or more. The treatment could also be done at 118 degrees F and the pests would die in 20 minutes.
But like the steam treatment, this method also has several disadvantages.
– Same as with the steam treatment, this doesn’t provide you residual bed bug protection. Once done, it leaves the spot vulnerable again to the pests.
– Another thing is, a DIY heat bed bug treatment is dangerous to implement. Several fire incidents have already been reported to have been caused by it.
- Bed Bug Exterminator – how do you get rid of bed bugs with this method? You basically pay someone to do the work for you.The advantage of this option is that the elimination could be immediately done and that you don’t need to exert any effort to complete it. More than that, many of the bed bug exterminators now use organic-solutions for their treatment making the process safe. Particularly, Bed Bug Bully is the bed bug spray used by many pest-control companies.
If you intend to go for this route for your bed bug treatment, here are the specific steps of the method.
Step 1 – Finding a bed bug exterminator in your local area. The closer the better as that would allow exterminator to inspect your home the sooner.
Step 2 – Inspection. The exterminator needs to check first your place to determine where exactly the bed bugs are hiding. This step would cost you money apart from the elimination itself. But since, this is necessary, you wouldn’t have a choice but to allot money for it if you are going to hire a bed bug exterminator.
Step 3 – Assessment and Isolation of Bed-Bug-Infested Items. During the inspection, the exterminator would assess the severity of the infestation to your items. If its massive, you got no choice but to throw your valuables away. And that, once again, would you cost money for the replacement of the damaged pieces.
Step 4 – Actual Elimination. Once the location of the infestation is located and is cleared, the bed bug exterminator could already start the bed bug treatment. However, this would require you to leave the area first. If the bed bug exterminator uses chemical solution instead of Bed Bug Bully, you would need to stay away from the bed bug treated place much longer to avoid compromising your health.However, compared with the other methods, hiring an exterminator is much more expensive.
The cost of a beg bug treatment by an exterminator usually ranges from $500 to $5000. If you are an average-earner, that is already a big additional expense. You could already pay a month of rent or shop for a month of food with it.
- Bed Bug Spray – with this product you could basically do the elimination by yourself. And that cuts the labor cost you need to pay for if you are hiring a bed bug exterminator. Additionally, there are now several organic-based bed bug products available. With careful steps to determine which of them are genuinely green, you could make sure that your bed bug treatment is safe for your health and even the environment.But easy as it is to implement the actual elimination of bed bugs with a bed bug spray, you would need to take several steps before you could completely get rid of them. You would specifically need to determine the exact location of the insects to apply the solution spot on.
And with more money this step could save, a simple inspection is sure worth it?The following are the bed bug inspection steps you need to take if you have been bed bug bitten or suspecting that you got the pests at home:
Step 2 – Inspect other furniture pieces susceptible to bed bugs. Particularly, check the couch and other high-traffic areas of the house. When checking out the items, specifically, look into the cracks, gaps and crevices in them.
Step 3 – If any of your family traveled recently, check into your closet and areas where things brought from the travel were put or stored.
Step 4 – Follow where the bed bugs signs lead. Even if it is an unlikely part of your house, check it. Remember, bed bugs could hide even in unusual areas for months without feeding. Among the specific bed bug signs you must be wary of are the bed bug fecal spots, shed skins o shells and the pungent-sweet smell.
Step 5 – If any friend or relative visited you in the past few months, trace the areas where he or she stayed on or stop by. He or she could brought the pests and left them in your home.
With the money this step could save though, isn’t a simple inspection worth it?
Best Method How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
But between these two methods, which one is the best to implement? Well, if it is a mild bed bug infestation, the use of a bed bug spray is the better option between the two methods. It is for the following reasons.
- As long you pick the right product, you could ensure the effectiveness and the safety of the process. With a proven effective bed bug spray, you could ensure the elimination of the pests. And with that same product being a true green solution, you could spare yourself and the others from chemical-health risks. The environment, on the other hand, you could save from more pollutants.
- Because all you have to pay for is the solution, you could save $1000 or more implementing the method. That amount you could use to other important expenses in your household.
Bed Bug Elimination with Bed Bug Spray
Just like any method though, the use of a bed bug spray will not be fully effective if it isn’t correctly implemented. Given that you found the exact location of the pests. Below are the steps you must implement to make the process a true help.
- Gather your bed bug spray and a flashlight.
- Isolate the area or item infested.
- Move the items not infested to other safe areas.
- Any fabric piece near or in the affected item or area you must separate from others. It is best to seal them until you could wash them later.
- With your flashlight, find the exact spot where the bed bugs hide. Make sure to disturb so you wouldn’t drive to move to other areas. They are fast-paced and could transfer to other spots or items immediately.
- Spray the solution directly to the infestation.
After the infestation, it’s time for you to deal with the mentioned fabric pieces. Bed bugs could hide in the seams of them. To clear the pests off them, you would need to wash them. A bed bug bully detergent will help with that. For best results, wash the clothes and other fabric-made items in high temperature.
Best Bed Bug Spray
Thanks to the going green trend, more and more eco-friendly products are now emerging. One of them is Bed Bug Bully.
As a non-pesticide solution, Bed Bug Bully is a minimum-risk product. That means it is safer compared with conventional bed bug sprays as stated under FIFRA 25(b).
Unlike others, the use of Bed Bug Bully does not release strong chemical residues. With its natural ingredients and our own Green Bean Formula, it was made tough on bed bugs but gentle on health and the environment.
To prove that it truly works, it’s safe and with its help one could eliminate bed bugs without spending too big, try a complimentary sample of it today.
What’s New on Bed Bug Bully?Get Your Bed Bug Bully Sample Here!
Tags: bed bug exterminatorbed bug spraybed bugs hotelsbed bugs rashbed bugs signsbed bugs symptomsbed bugs treatmentfeaturedgetting rid of bed bugsbed bugs pictureshow do you get rid of bed bugshow to get rid of bed bugshow to kill bed bugs