Bed bugs are now everywhere. There are reports about them infesting houses, apartments, hotels, nursing homes, commercial establishments and even buses and trains.
Sure, as you might already know, they don’t transfer illnesses. However, the bed bug bites and the mere thought that bed bugs might crawl on you and bite you while you sleep could still affect your physical wellness. Not to mention, they could balloon your expenses.
So, being the annoying pests that they are, you got to kill bed bugs. Or more appropriately, you got to fight them off. Because if you just kill them, more of them could still come your way, re-infest your place and bring you the same can of worms.
But how do you do it? How could fight the pests that are too sneaky they could hitch a ride on you unnoticed, too small that they could already be living in your house without you knowing it and too productive that their females could lay three to four eggs a day?
Well, actually, when it comes to methods to get rid of them, there are several that you could implement. However, a method to kill bed bugs is not the only thing you need to fight the pests and their possible return. It would require more than that to keep them off your doorstep.
Let’s get to know each of those things you would need and why do you need them?
- Bed bug information – this refers to everything you would have to know about bed bugs. Knowledge is power as other would say. And indeed, it is power when it comes to elimination of bed bugs and prevention of their comeback as the more you know about them the better you could deal with them.
- Money – in a bed bug treatment, you would need the money either to pay for a bed bug exterminator to get yourself a bed bug spray. If you are going to hire someone to get the job done for you, of course, you wouldn’t be doing the dirty work. But in exchange, you would need to spend big. In contrast, if you choose to do the bed bug treatment yourself, you wouldn’t use much money, but you would have to give up your time and energy to complete the process.
- Bed Bug Help – this could refer to a bed bug bill passed by the government. Take, for example, the one that Nelson Castro, the former Bronx Democratic Assemblyman, passed. His bill requires all bedding material transported or sold in the state be sanitized to avoid bed bugs. If it did not die in the Senate, it could have been a huge help to the residents in ensuring that their beds are free from the pests.If you decide to do the elimination of bed bugs yourself though, this is where that smaller amount of money that you would need will go. In a DIY bed bug treatment, this help usually refers to a bed bug spray.
1. Bed Bug Information
How much you know about bed bugs could make or break your bed bug treatment. If you want to win the fight against them, you must know everything that you can about them. And that starts with how they look.
Bed bugs are small as apple seed or grain of rice. That is why they could conceal themselves even in the smallest crack or crevice. They are wingless but are very quick. They also share a number of characteristics with other common house pests. Hence, if you find one but are not sure if it is really a bed bug, it’s best to compare it first with a real bed bug image. Or better yet, have a professional look at it.
Bed Bug Signs
There are several things that could give away bed bug presence. If you know them and keep your eyes or nose open to them, you could kill bed bugs early and prevent more of them from coming. Particularly, those signs that could tell you if you have bed bugs or not are the following.
- Discarded shells – bed bugs molt 5 times all throughout their lives. If you see their shells in their hiding places or near them, that’s a red sign that they are present.
- Black or dark feces – the pests excrete small and dark feces. Those spots could stain the floor or the areas surrounding their hiding spots.
- Musty sweet well – when crushed, a bed bug emits a musty sweet scent. When there is a big infestation of them, a room could also smell the same.
Bed Bug Spots
The bed bug spots are basically their hiding places. When looking for them, those are the places that you would first want to check.
Bed bugs particularly like to hide in cracks, gaps and crevices of items near their source of meal, which could be you. So basically, they are likely to hide in beds, couches, closets, under the carpets and even behind wall hangings. They could also present even in book pages.
There is probably no way of getting rid of bed bugs without needing any amount. Even if you choose to just vacuum your whole house to keep them away, you would still need to spend an additional amount for your electricity. And even if you decide to just throw away the items it invaded, you would still need money for their replacements.
But as mentioned, if you choose to hire bed bug exterminators to clear the pests, you would need to spend big. Probably, you would need to have hundreds to thousands prepared. Just a single bed bug treatment cost around that much. And given that they could come back, you might need to spend more than.
However, if you decide to kill bed bugs yourself, you could decrease the expenses. Remember though, you must only do the bed bug treatment yourself if you could handle it. If the infestation is already massive, it’s best to leave it to the experts.
So, if you don’t want to have a huge bed bug expense, it is important that you detect bed bugs early. Else, they could overtake your house and require a pest-control professional.
Going back to personal bed bug elimination though, the money needed is usually for bed bug spray. It’s its help often required in a DIY pest-control process.
3. Bed Bug Help
As stated earlier, this help could come from the government in the form of bills. Although they may not help bed bug victims kill the vampire-like insects directly, the bills could help prevent their further spread. And generally, that would lower yours and everybody’s else chance of becoming their next meal.
In a different aspect, this bed bug help could also be in the form of a bed bug spray. That is if you decided to fight them off yourself. And that bed bug spray, it could either be the kind that would kill bed bugs, repel them or both.
However, to make sure that the bed bug spray would really be a help and that it would be worth it, you have to make a wise pick.
And probably, one of the best, if not the best, bed bug spray you could get is Bed Bug Bully.
Why Bed Bug Bully?
Several pest-control companies, hotel managers and even house owners have already proven that Bed Bug Bully is effective. Eggs, nymphs and adult bed bugs, it could eliminate them all. And that not only clears the pests’ presence but also prevents their re-infestation.
Not only that, FIFRA 25(b) has already approved it as pesticide-exempt. That means, unlike conventional bed bug solutions, it contains no harmful chemical ingredients. And so, you could rest assured that it is safe, a true help and that it is worth the money you would spend.
Watch a customer’s review of the product and see how well it works.
But if you want to prove those claims first by yourself before buying Bed Bug Bully, you surely can do that. There are samples of it that you could get and test.