A strong spring storm rummaged the Southeast on Thursday. And in its wake, it left casualties of immense worth.
Several counties in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana sustained damages as the storm from the T-shaped system swept through. A number of tornadoes destroyed homes and businesses, downed and snapped trees and caused power outages.
However, of those states it rumbled on Thursday, Mississippi got it worse. One person died in Kemper County, Mississippi, as reported by the National Weather Service, after the strong wind demolished a steel building. Five other people were also injured because of the storm.
On Friday morning, the severe spring Mississippi storm unleashed heavy rain, tornadoes, hail and high winds on the Midwest. And as it pushes toward the East, it is expected to do the same.
Read more about Spring Storm Kills 1 in Mississippi
“A powerful storm system rumbled through Mississippi and other parts of the Southeast on Thursday, spawning a tornado that killed one person and injured others.
At least seven counties in Mississippi and four in Alabama suffered damage as storms from the system rolled through and damaged homes and businesses, according to officials in those states.”
Read more about Severe Spring Storm Left Southeast Devastated at: cnn.com
The moving storm, with its tornadoes, high winds, heavy rain and snow, could still cause more devastation. In fact, even after it passes, it could still double its damages. That’s no thanks to the mold that would surely show up in the following days.
With the rain and ice that it brought along, the storm could start a mold infestation anytime soon. And that should be a concern to everyone who was in its path. Why you ask? That’s simply, because mold could bring in more problems.
Mold Health Risks
Exposure to mold could affect you in different ways. If you inhale or take in its spores, it could trigger allergic reactions, asthma attacks, irritations of the eyes, nose and throat. It could also cause you sinus congestion and a number of other respiratory problems.
In the case of exposure to the more toxic black mold, you could face health threats as headache, fever, chronic fatigue and chronic coughing. Severe exposure to it though could bring you more serious health risks as nausea, vomiting, and lungs and nose bleeding.
Mold Effects on Items and Surfaces
Though much less important than health, mold also negatively affects the items or surfaces where it grows. Apart from threatening the health of the people, it also eats those away while making them unsightly. And basically, repair or replacement of them adds more to your financial problem.
Given all those troubles that mold could bring, it is just prudent to prevent its presence. And if it ever gets past your preventive measures, it is important that you get rid of it as soon as possible.
If you’re one of those caught by the damaging spring storm, it is highly likely that you will face mold in the days that follows. As mentioned, that’s because of the rain and snow it brought. And given that such natural phenomenon that triggers mold infestation couldn’t be prevented, you always have to be ready to treat it. That, you could do by learning how to implement an early mold remediation.
However, a rain or a storm is not the only thing that causes mold infestation. Any other situation that exposes an environment to moisture could lead to it. Hence, apart from mold removal, you must also learn how to do mold prevention.
If you prevent the mold infestation, you could prevent yours and your family’s health from a lot of risks. No to mention, it could save you from huge medical and structural expenses.
Generally, to prevent mold in your house, you got to prevent moisture. But since water is used everyday at home, that can’t be done. Nonetheless, you could still control it and avoid mold infestation. Here are some steps that you could take to do that.
- Inspect Your House for Leaks. Leaks or spills not dried within 24-48 could lead to mold growth. And since some could occur in places you don’t see everyday like basement or attic, it’s best to just conduct a regular inspection.
- Act Quick. Whenever a leak or spill occurs, repair or dry it as soon as possible.
- Keep Indoor Humidity Low. Ideal humidity level is between 30 and 50 percent. Get a moisture or humidity meter, available in many hardware stores, for accurate measurement. To reduce the humidity level, you could use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier. You could also run a fan or open a window in your bathroom when not in used.
- Avoid Condensation. Condensation results to moisture and that triggers mold growth. To avoid condensation, you have to decrease indoor humidity and increase air temperature. You also have to keep the air moving by opening doors and windows or by using a fan.
Despite taking prevent measures, it is still possible for mold infestation to occur. And as earlier said, there is also that instances as the Mississippi storm. Given that, it is really important that you know how to get a mold remediation done.
Actually, there are two ways of solving a mold problem. One, you could just hire a mold exterminator. Two, you could do the mold removal yourself.
With hiring a mold professional, there is nothing you need to do. However, you will have to prepare a huge amount. Meanwhile, with personal mold remediation, you do all the work but you could save big. This though you must do only if the infestation is not yet massive and you are sure that you could handle it yourself.
So to prevent spending big for a mold treatment, make sure to detect the spores early and do a prompt remediation process. Here are the steps you must take for a DIY mold treatment.
- Determine the exact spot of mold growth and search for other likely locations. This will tell you where exactly to focus your treatment.
- Check the source of moisture. Where there is mold, there is moisture. So before you start the removal process, look for the source of moisture first. It’s to prevent future mold problems.
- Repair the source of moisture. Leak or spill, you got to fix the source of the problem. And you have to do it as soon as possible. Else, it will just cause you another mold problem.
- Do the mold removal. After repairing the source of the problem, promptly do the mold remediation. There are now several mold removal sprays that could help you make the process more effective and safe. Mold spray as Molderizer is the ideal solution to get as it is organic-based. It would keep you and your family from harmful chemical ingredients.
- Apply mold prevention spray. This is to help prevent the repeat of the mold infestation. Safe Shield makes a great choice of product to prevent mold regrowth.
- Keep the area dry and follow the other mold prevention steps above. They would definitely help you prevent mold re-infestation.
Best Mold Remediation Products
There are now several mold remediation products available. However, you would want to choose those that are free from harmful chemicals besides being effective. Otherwise, you would just further compromise yours and your family’s health.
As they are both organic-based and effective, Molderizer and Safe Shield are the best mold removal spray that you could get. With them, you don’t have to evacuate after implementing your mold treatment as they are safe to health and even the environment.
And as a bonus, being effective as it is, Molderizer spares you from having to brush the mold off for hours. Meanwhile, with the encapsulation or barrier that it provides, Safe Shield protects the affected surface and prevents the repeat of the problem.
So you could prove it yourself that both Molderizer and Safe Shield are truly the best pair of mold remediation sprays that you could get, try samples of them today.