Bed bugs are no longer just characters in a rhyme. For the past few years, they have become a real-life nuisance. And there are thousands of reported bed bug infestations all over the country that could prove that true. But over time, methods and techniques were discovered and rediscovered to counter their presence. One potential method gaining attention today is the possible use of kidney leaves to trap the bloodsucking bed bugs.
Based on a study by Micheal Potter, an entomologist from the University of Kentucky, the kidney leaves are capable of capturing the blood-thirsty pests via their little hairs. Those hairs are called trichomes and are about 10 micrometers in diameter and about 50-100 micrometers high.
The hairs, it was said, actually functions as hooks. They puncture bed bugs and stop them from their tracks. And if ever the critters get themselves free on the first trichomes, there are more of it that could snare them ahead their way.
Historically, the bean leaves have been used in Eastern Europe as bed bug traps, it was said. They were just simply spread out on the floor and wandering bed bugs would get snared on the leaves.
But there is a problem. The researchers themselves noted that the use of kidney bean leaves is not ideal to kill bed bugs.
“…bean leaves themselves are not a practical long-term solution because they dry out and don’t last long,” says a passage from webmd.com.
So to solve that problem, the scientists decided to make synthetic kidney bean leaves. They made molds of the surface of the leaf and poured epoxy into them. However, some of the hairs or the hooks of the leaf broke in the molds leading the scientists to make a hybrid kidney leaf.
Testing which one is most effective between the three types – real, synthetic, hybrid – the study found out that real leaves were the only ones that successfully captured bed bugs. Regarding the artificial leaves, dailypilot.com related that:
“They seemed to snag the bugs rather than jab into their bodies, and so the bugs managed to break free and skitter to safety.”
On the other hand, about the hybrid leaves, the same website said that:
“…the plant points weren’t able to puncture the bugs’ shell when attached to a man-made stalk.”
But despite the results showing that natural kidney leaves work, still they don’t make a viable aid to eliminate the pests. For one, it is still under testing. And if the use of them to trap bed bugs was effective when it was used before, then why was it not implemented years ago when the bugs started their big comeback?
Apart from that issue, there is the fact that the leaves dry fast. Even if they truly capture bed bugs, you have to change them every now and then. And that takes a lot of work, not to mention, leaves as well. Though kidney bean is a common plant, unless you grow them, you would have a hard time getting the number of leaves you would need, especially if the area affected is large.
With issues regarding its effectiveness and long-term use, you could say that kidney bean leaves are not the most credible solutions to eliminate bed bugs nowadays. And given that the sightings of the pests are ever increasing, you couldn’t be too compromising when getting rid of them. If you do, you could end up with an all-out bed bug infestation.
As you know, bed bugs move fast. They also multiply quickly with their adult females able to lay four to five eggs a day. Because of that, your bed bug method must be really effective. Else, you would just waste money. Besides that, with a higher possibility of a full-blown infestation, it would be harder for you to complete the whole elimination.
So, why not use a bed bug spray instead?
Advantages of a Bed Bug Spray
There are many methods known to effectively kill bed bugs. But what makes the use of a bed bug spray any different? Why must you pick it over kidney bean leaves and all the other bed bug treatments?
Here are its Advantages:
- It makes bed bug treatment easy. With a bed bug spray, all you have to do is find the exact locations of the pests and spray the product spot on. No big tools and equipments needed to complete the elimination process.
- It offers prompt elimination process. As mentioned, bed bugs move and populate fast. That means any delay in the bed bug treatment process is an opportunity for them to transfer to transfer to another place or double their number. With a bed bug spray ready though, you could eliminate bed bugs as soon as you noticed them. That prevents all-out infestation which in turn avoids a huge bed bug treatment expense.
Non-Pesticide Bed Bug Spray
You should note though, your bed bug spray must not be a pesticide. Over the years, bed bugs have developed resistance against common insecticides. If you use the conventional bed bug sprays, your elimination process would be ineffective.
And simply said, that would waste your time, money and effort as you would need to repeat the whole process. Because it would delay the elimination, your bed bug problem could also get worse. And surely, you wouldn’t want that to happen especially with more bed bug bites that it could bring.
Moreover, conventional pesticides contain harmful chemical ingredients. So besides wasting your resources, the use of them could also waste your health and of everyone else who could be exposed to it.
Which Bed Bug Spray to Get
Now that you know what type of bed bug spray should you get, which particular brand be it?
Well, considering that it is organic-based and effective, Bed Bug Bully makes the best solution to use against the pests.
- Proven Effective. Pest-control companies and even hotel managers have proven that Bed Bug Bully works. Initially available to just a number of them, it was then made available to the public because of the positive responses they gave and affirmation of its effectiveness.
- Pesticide-Exempt. Bed Bug Bully was classified by EPA under FIFRA 25(b). That means though it is a bed bug spray, it none like the usual insecticides. With its organic ingredients, it is minimum-risk and is much safer than all the other sprays.
- Non-Invasive. Given that it is pesticide-exempt, you could say that Bed Bug Bully is also gentle, in a way. Whilst it’s tough on bed bugs, it is mild on health and even the environment
- Hassle-Free. Because the product is safe, it consequently makes the whole bed bug elimination process hassle-free. You don’t have to evacuate after spraying it doesn’t put anyone’s health at risk.
With those advantages, Bed Bug Bully surely makes the best product against bed bugs. And with it around, you could have a reliable help in immediately getting rid of the pests.
Watch the customer’s review below and see how well Bed Bug Bully works.
If you prefer to prove how great it is yourself, grab a Bed Bug Bully sample today.Get a Bed Bug Bully Complimentary Sample Here!
Know More About Bed Bug Bully!
A half scoop wasn't really enough for six chickens and two ducks, but her mother said they couldn't afford more and the chickens should work harder to find bugs. The ducks, according to mother, were unwelcome guests. ... I'll be the crow girl -- but I ...
Cat Zingano Will Not Be Defeated
She was curious, carefree, devoid of caution. She ate bugs. She dived off cliffs. Her father also loved sports. Jon wanted a boy jock he could root for. "He got me," she says. Her father could be volatile and difficult, but Zingano did her best to make ...
Tags: bed bug infestationbed bug spraybed bugsbed bugs hotelsbed bugs picturesbed bugs rashbed bugs signsbed bugs symptomsbed bugs treatmentfeaturedhow to get rid of bed bugshow to kill bed bugskidney beankidney bean leaves