Bed bugs are some of the most infamous house pests. And it’s easy to understand why they have such a bad reputation.
Being pests, those bloodsuckers could bring you a lot of problems. Sure, they don’t transfer illnesses. Nonetheless, they bite and could be some of the most annoying insects that you ever have to deal with.
Because of that, it is important for bed bugs to be eradicated wherever they may be. But the problem is – bed bug treatment is expensive. For those living in low-income housing, that is too much of a burden.
It’s a good thing that there are now laws proposed to help tenants share the burden with landlords. However, in Chicago, it was said that such law was stagnant in the City Council Committee.
The said proposed city ordinance prompts both parties to act promptly when there is an infestation in an apartment. Nonetheless, Brian Bernardoni with the Chicago Association of Realtors complained that the ordinance is partial. He stated that it puts the entire burden of a bed bug treatment to the landlords.
Here is an excerpt from a report about the Bed Bug Proposed Ordinance Stagnant in Chicago City Council.
“An ordinance to spur the eradication of bedbugs remains stalled in a City Council Committee as Aldermen question who bears more responsibility, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
City Law Department Senior Counsel Rose Kelly says the proposed ordinance means for both tenants and landlords to act quickly if there is an infestation of bedbugs in an apartment.”
Read more about the Bed Bug Ordinance Stuck Chicago’s City Council at: cbslocal.com
Indeed, it is a good thing to have some help in killing bed bugs. But given that cases such as the stagnation of Chicago’s proposed bed bug ordinance and other circumstances could prevent you from getting any aid, you must learn how to do bed bug treatment by yourself. And you need to execute it promptly. That’s because in a severe bed bug infestation, you would not have any other choice but to hire exterminators.
But why kill bed bugs?
As mentioned, they don’t transfer diseases, right?
Right! Bed bugs don’t transmit diseases. But as also said, they could still bring in problems.
- Bed Bug Bites – the bites of those pests leave red and bumpy marks. Apart from the fact they don’t make you look good, literally, they also make you itch. And that could last for hours. If you scratch those bumps, they could also turn to open wounds, which could lead to a possible infection, which is basically a bigger problem in medical and financial terms.
- Anxiety and Paranoia – it was recently reported that bed bugs cause many people anxiety and paranoia. But say, if you are one of the very few not repulsed by those pests or the thought that they could feast on you while you sleep, just think about your housemates. Get rid of bed bugs and give your loved ones some peace of mind.
- Inconvenience – bed bugs populate quickly. Their females could lay 3-4 eggs a day and with that, they could double their number in just a matter of days. Even if you are not allergic to their bites or a number of them doesn’t bother you, millions of them would surely trouble you. And besides the inconvenience that their infestation brings, isn’t it disgusting to sleep, rest and eat in your house with those bugs roaming around?
Bed Bug Spray for a Prompt Bed Bug Treatment
There are several bed bug treatment methods that you could implement to get rid of bed bugs. But not all them you could execute right away. Take, for example, the heat treatment. As others say, it is an effective way to eliminate those pesky insects. It could even kill their eggs and nymphs.
The problem is that with heat treatment, a big machine is needed. And usually, only pest-control companies have them. Apart from that, the process is also a bit risky given that the room or area to treat must be set in a high temperature for a time for the method to work.
Because of that, it is better to just use a bed bug spray for a personal bed bug treatment. That way, you could kill bed bugs immediately after you confirmed you got them. That prevents them from increasing their number and causing you more problems. Just as long as you use the right solution, your elimination of those vampire-like pests could be prompt and effective with its help.
Moreover, a bed bug spray could make the process inexpensive.
But how do you implement a bed bug treatment with the use of a bed bug spray?
Here are the steps.
1. Prepare a Bed Bug Spray
Bed bugs are sneaky. They could infest your house anytime. Hence, it is best that you have a bed bug spray prepared. That way, once you detect their presence, you could launch a bed bug elimination right away.
There are many bed bug sprays available today. But you got to pick the one that is effective and safe. That will save you and your family from bed bugs as well as from harmful chemical elements.
2. Confirm Bed Bug Presence
Bed bugs usually hide in cracks, crevices and dark places. And though you could see them with your naked eyes contrary to the misconception of many, you wouldn’t see them if you don’t search for them. Hence, you would need to confirm their presence. To do that, you would have to conduct a bed bug inspection.
Bed Bug Inspection
Bed bug inspection though is a process of its own. And to complete it here the steps you have to take.
- Prepare a magnifying glass and flashlight. As mentioned, bed bugs conceal themselves in dark areas, cracks and crevices. Those will make your search more effective.
- Make the possibly infested room clutter-free. That will make your search easier. Don’t move anything out of the room though. That could transfer the pests. Get clear plastic bags and put your clothes and other smaller items in there. If ever they are infested, it’ll be easier to see the pests if they come out of hiding.
- Follow the bed bug signs. It will also make it easier for you to find the pests. Particularly, those bed bug symptoms that you should look out for are bed bugs’ feces, their discarded shells and musty-sweet smell. Bed bugs usually hide in dark crevices. Hence, you would likely see those bed bug symptoms in the gaps between furniture parts, cracks on the walls, underside of couches and beds and behind wall hangings.
3. Isolate the Room
Say, you already confirmed that your house is infested by the pests, what then is your next step? That would be to isolate the area to treat. Keep anyone from the area and seal any gap that could be bed bugs ‘ way out. Also, you would need to cover cracks and crevices that you are sure not infested. That would limit bed bugs’ places to hide.
4. Bed Bug Elimination
When all is set, you could start the elimination. Be sure though to read and understand the product’s instruction. Also, see to it that you will apply the solution directly to the infestation.
5. Re-Inspect the Area
A day or two after your elimination, conduct a re-inspection. Actually, it’s best if you would schedule a regular bed bug inspection. With it, you could immediately detect bed bugs and promptly execute a bed bug treatment in case those pests sneak in again to your place.
The Best Bed Bug Spray
While it’s true that a bed bug spray could truly help you deliver a prompt bed bug treatment, as said, it wouldn’t work if you don’t pick the right product.
But which is the right solution to purchase?
It should be the one that could offer you effectiveness as well as safety from harmful chemical ingredients. After all, it’s not just your health that’s compromised by dangerous chemicals, is it?
Given that pest-control companies and hotels have been using it years and EPA has approved it as pesticide-exempt under FIFRA 25(b), then, Bed Bug Bully fits the bill. It is the effective and safe bed bug spray that you exactly need for a bed bug treatment.
Try it and see for yourself how well it works!