With bed bugs, there is probably no place safe. And given their size, there is likely no item that they couldn’t use for concealment. Take, for example, your books. Believe it or not, bed bugs could make a hideout of the pages of them.
In fact, there were already several reports about those bloodsuckers found in magazines and other published documents. Worse, a number of libraries were also forced to close for days due to the infestation of those pests. And according to a report, the Westchester Library in New Rochelle, New York was the most-recent to shut down because of their presence.
It was said that bed bug presence was already confirmed in three areas in the library. However, officials clarified that none of the staff or visitors were bitten by those blood-fed insects.
Bed bug treatment was already done in the library. It was scheduled to reopen today.
Read more about New Rochelle Library Infested by Bed Bugs
“Bedbugs are apparently keeping bookworms from visiting a Westchester library.
The pesky bugs were discovered inside the New Rochelle Public library, and now an exterminating crew is getting rid of the infestation. News 12 has been told pest management experts have identified three specific areas in the library with some bedbug activity.”
Read more about Bed Bugs Discovered in New Rochelle Library at: news12.com
With bed bugs now more widespread than ever, the chance of you becoming their next victim is higher. But don’t be too quick to give up fighting them. If you do, you’ll end up as their blood bank. And with the bumps and the itch their bites could bring, you would be the kind of bank that will soon bankrupt if you continue to let them infest your place. Besides, it’s really not that hard to counter those vampire-like insects.
There are now bed bug sprays that could help you execute a prompt and truly effective bed bug treatment. And if you choose the right product, you could also make the process safe.
But you wouldn’t need to kill bed bugs if you don’t have them, do you? Hence, apart from exterminating bed bugs, you must also learn how to prevent them. That’s the initial process you have to implement in the first place.
Prevent Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are sneaky indeed. But you could still block their entry with well-executed bed bug prevention steps. If you could successfully bar them from invading your place, you could also prevent those bed bug bites and all the other problems the pests bring.
The following are the steps you must take to prevent bed bugs.
- Avoid secondhand furniture. Those pieces could be from places or houses with bed bugs.
- Don’t just let anyone sleep or sit on your bed. They could have the pests with them.
- After a travel, inspect and treat everything you brought back home. Launder all washable items. Those you can’t wash, let them sit under the heat of the sun.
- If you are to travel, stay in a hotel with no bed bug history.
- If a neighboring house or apartment unit is infested, check your home for the pests. Any contact you have with your neighbor could have transferred the pests.
Kill Bed Bugs
Now that you know how to keep the pests off your doorstep, let’s go over to the bed bug treatment process.
As you know, bed bugs are now so widespread that you could pick them up from anywhere. It could be from the hotel you stayed in for a vacation, the bus or your friend’s home. Hence, it is essential that you must eliminate bed bugs.
Actually, you have two choices as to how you would want those vampire-like insects eliminated. You could hire someone to do the work for you or you could do it yourself. In case of a severe infestation though, it’s best that you get a bed bug exterminator. But that would cost you money the reason why you need to detect and eliminate bed bugs early.
If you are to personally eliminate those pests though, a bed bug treatment with a bed bug spray is the best method you could implement. It could make your elimination prompt, easy and effective.
Assuming that you already got the right bed bug spray, here are the steps you must take.
- Make sure that you are dealing with bed bugs. Those pesky creatures share a number of characteristics with other common house pests. Even their bites resemble that of other insects. To confirm that bed bugs are indeed the ones bugging you, look for telltale signs of their presence as their dark fecal spots, discarded skins and musty-sweet odor. Also inspect the spots where they usually hide as cracks, crevices and gaps in walls and furniture pieces.
- Once you identified bed bugs and located where they exactly hide, set everything up. Prepare the area to be treated but never move anything out to avoid transferring the pests. Put clothes, books and other smaller items in clear plastic bags so bed bugs are trapped in case they were hiding in them. Also, cover any crack not infested and seal any gaps that could serve as bed bugs’ way out.
- Apply your bed bug spray directly to the infestation. But before that, see to it that you read and understood the product’s instruction.
- Follow your elimination with a re-inspection. That would make sure if any of the pests escaped your initial bed bug treatment.
Find the Right Bed Bug Spray
A bed bug treatment with a bed bug spray would only work if you got the right solution. Else, you will just waste your money and give bed bugs a chance to worsen their infestation. Apart from that, you could also risk your health and that of your family.
To avoid all those additional problems, you have to have the right bed bug solution. But which of the many bed bug sprays today is the right one?
Well, given its advantages, Bed Bug Bully surely makes the right pick. It is effective as pest-control companies and hotels have proven. Unlike other solutions, it is also safe as it is made with organic ingredients. EPA has even classified it as pesticide-exempt under FIFRA 25(b).
Do you want to prove it yourself if Bed Bug Bully is indeed effective and safe?