There are many things that bed bugs can do. They can have you itching just by reading about them, they can have you stressing out and anxious over the possibility of them infesting your house and they can surely have you spending big if ever their infestation happens.
Despite that though, there is one sure thing that those vampire-like insects can never do. That is to disappear completely. In fact, with the way lives are lived today, what is happening is exactly the opposite. They are becoming more widespread.
One report from wifr.com proves that true. According to it, in Rockford, the pests are becoming so prevalent that calls regarding bed bug cases has greatly increased.
An owner of a pest-control company in the area shared that they are now getting about 14-15 calls a week for a bed bug elimination service.
Here is an excerpt from the said report.
“With all of this rain the mosquitoes will be getting bad soon. But another kind of bug is already infesting the Stateline. There is a big bed bug outbreak.
Exterminator Brian Mitchell says “I always thought sleep tight don’t let the bed bugs bite was a myth.”
For Mitchell that myth has become a money-making reality. He manages Burr Pest Control and says bed bugs have invaded the Rockford area.”
Read more about Bed Bug Outbreak in Rockford at: wtfr.com
But worse is, those bloodsuckers are now infesting not just hotels, apartments and hospitals. These days, they are invading even means of transportation as cabs, buses, trains and planes.
In Edmonton, for example, four transit buses were treated for bed bugs. The city’s director of transit fleet maintenance, John Sirovyak, though said that there is no need for residents to worry and assured that their buses are safe, clean and reliable.
Sirovyak stated that they do inspections on the buses regularly. And whenever someone complains of bed bugs in the bus, he explained that they take it out of service immediately. Then, he added that they inspect for the pests and promptly treat it.
Below is a part of the report about it.
“The City of Edmonton says it has fumigated four transit buses this year to eliminate the tiny blood suckers.
John Sirovyak, director of transit fleet maintenance, says whenever someone complains of bed bugs on a bus, the vehicle is taken out of service and checked by a specially trained dog that can detect the insects.”
Read more about Bed Bugs in Edmonton Buses at: globalpost.com
Given that bed bugs are now even more widespread than before, you are at a much higher risk of being infested by them these days. And with their reputation, you wouldn’t want to get caught by them. How do you protect yourself from them though?
Well, generally, you have to prevent them and eliminate them in case they get past your preventive measures. But how could you exactly do that – prevent and eliminate them?
Bed bugs share a number of characteristics with other common house pests. For that reason, they are often mistaken as something else. With the help of bed bug pictures though, you could correctly identify them, avoid them and implement the right measure to get rid of them.
Steps to Prevent Bed Bugs
Now, let’s go to how you could prevent them.
- Travel light. And, if possible, bring only washable items. That will make it easier for you treat them for bed bugs when you’re back home.
- Forgo secondhand items. They could have been from a bed bug infested place.
- Inspect items before letting them inside the house. They could be hiding in them.
- Watch where you sit in cabs, buses, trains and planes and check everything you have for bed bugs. Even if you just went through your daily routine, those pests could have been transferred in them.
- Set a regular bed bug inspection schedule. That could save you from a major infestation.
Steps to Eliminate Bed Bugs
Being small and fast-paced work very well for bed bugs. Particularly, those features allow them to be sneaky. And though the preventive steps given here largely reduce the possibility of your house being infested by those vampire-like insects, they are not an assurance that you’ll never encounter those pests.
So, even though you got those preventive measures carried out, you still got to be ready to eliminate bed bugs. But which of the several methods available should you go for?
If you’re looking for the easiest bed bug treatment, then hiring a bed bug exterminator is your best bet. You got to do nothing but call an exterminator. The downside is that while it is the easiest bed bug elimination method, it is also the most expensive. At least, it would require you $1000 for one treatment.
Say, you don’t have that much budget for an elimination though? How then should you get rid of those pests? Answer – with Bed Bug Bully.
Bed Bug Bully is a bed bug spray. That means you don’t have to do much to eliminate bed bugs with its help. And if you’re worried about its effectiveness, you shouldn’t. Pest-control companies, hotels and hospitals have been using it for years.
What’s better is that it is a pesticide-exempt bed bug spray. EPA has already classified it as such under FIFRA 25(b). So, apart from making your elimination of bed bugs inexpensive and effective, it also makes it safe. And because it is safe, there is no need for you to evacuate.
But how do you exactly, get rid of bed bugs with it?
- Prepare Bed Bug Bully. You could get it from Amazon or My Cleaning Products official website. With it in ready, you could implement a prompt bed bug elimination anytime.
- Find the exact location of the infestation. If you suspect you have bed bugs courtesy of bed bug signs and probably, some bed bug bites, immediately launch a search for the pests. It would be a big help to have a magnifying glass and a flashlight to check dark areas.
- Clear the room with the infestation. However, don’t move any item out of the room. It could transfer the pests. Put clothes and other smaller items in clear plastic bags. It would trap the pests when they come out after being disturbed.
- Spray Bed Bug Bully directly on the infestation. You should also apply it on other areas where bed bugs would most likely hide. Examples are gaps between furniture pieces, cracks and crevices.
- Seal cracks. After applying Bed Bug Bully cover cracks and gaps before returning everything into place. That would reduce the number of things that they could hide on.
- Re-inspect and Re-eradicate. Continue to inspect your house for bed bugs. There is always a possibility of them re-infesting. And with Bed Bug Bully, promptly eliminate bed bugs if you see any of them.
Do you want to check if Bed Bug Bully is truly the right product for your bed bug treatment?