House pests don’t just annoy people. If you notice it, they also scare many. And spiders are among those pests that humans deem as some of the most horrible of them.
However, spiders are not really that scary. Actually, most of them can’t even puncture the human skin. And those that could do it just have little to no effect on humans. But of course, that’s with the exception of few venomous species like the brown recluse and black widow.
Despite not being that frightening though, you should still get rid of spiders in your house. That’s because they are housekeeping nuisance. If you don’t eliminate them, they could breed and make your home look shabby and unclean.
But How Do You Get Rid of House Spiders?
Well, the simplest way to do it is to starve them. Spiders basically go to houses to feed on insects. If you eliminate those insects, you discourage spiders to stay inside your house.
The problem is that this method takes time to take effect. Apart from that, it is difficult to completely get rid of the insects that serve as their food. The reason is that you couldn’t make your house completely free of sugar and food bits that attract those insects.
And so, it’s best to just kill the spiders first and then take on measures that would prevent their return.
To eliminate house spiders, there are spray pesticides that you could purchase. Nonetheless, most of them contain strong chemicals. And although those chemicals make them effective, they also make them a threat to your health with the strong fumes that they release and residues that they leave.
But do you have any alternative? Of course, you do. There’s Spider Bully.
Unlike, the conventional sprays for spiders, Spider Bully is non-pesticide. It doesn’t contain the chemical ingredients common to pesticides. But despite that, it remains effective.
In fact, EPA has already recognized Spider Bully as pesticide-exempt. It is now one of the pesticide-exempt products under FIFRA 25(b). In addition to that, pest-control companies, hospitals and hotels had been using the solution for years. And with that, you could rest assured of its quality.
Particularly, here are the specific benefits that Spider Bully could offer being both effective and safe.
- Quick and Easy Elimination of Spiders. There are just two steps that you need to do to kill spiders with this product. Those are to find those arachnids and spray the solution on them. Within seconds, the product takes effect.
- Odorless Elimination. Because of the absence of harmful chemical ingredients, Spider Bully emits no foul odor when used.
- No Evacuation. Being odorless, the product requires no evacuation when used. That makes the elimination hassle-free as well.
- Pet-Safe Elimination. The fact that Spider Bully is organic-based makes it safe for human health. And because of that, it follows that it’s also safe for your pets.
But though the actual spider elimination with Spider Bully is just easy and quick, as said, you first got to find those arachnids. And so you could locate them fast, here are some bits and tips that could help.
- Look into areas that insects frequent. Where their food is, there will the spiders be. Examples of those are spots near or surrounding your trash bins and walls or ceilings where your lights are installed.
- Check dark and quiet spots in your house. Spiders are attracted to those places such as your basement, attic, storage rooms and the gaps between your furniture or the spaces under them.
- Search for them in crevices, cracks, gaps and in areas behind doors. Spiders love to hide in them. Those provide them warm and dark places to nest.
- Inspect cardboard boxes and piles of clutter. Like the mentioned spots that love to invade, those things give them an ideal place to hide.
So, say, you already found the spiders, should you go ahead and just apply the solution? Yes, that’s what you have to do but only if you’re sure that the spider is not among those venomous ones. If it is, it’s best to call a professional to get rid of it.
Because of that, it is, therefore, important that you also familiarize yourself with common house spiders. And the following pictures are some of those spiders that you would likely encounter in your house.
Common House Spiders
Yellow Sac Spider
Zebra Jumping Spider
Common House Spider
Prevent Spiders’ Return
Alright, let’s assume that you already found the spiders and determined that you could eliminate them on your own, so you just killed them with your pesticide-exempt Spider Bully. Now, your house is free from arachnids. Is there anything else that you have to do?
Yep, there is. That is to prevent them from coming back. And to do that, there is a series of steps that you have to implement. They are:
- Keep your house clean. Remember, clutter gives spiders more spots to hide on. And if you don’t clean those crumbs and food spills, they will attract insects which in return will attract spiders back.
- Don’t leave your food or your pet’s food uncovered. They would also attract insects.
- Cover trash bins and if possible place them away from the house. Uncovered garbage cans would draw the spiders in because of all the insects that would be feasting on the leftovers thrown in them.
- Cover or seal cracks, crevices and gaps. As mentioned, those spots provide spiders ideal spots to hide on.
- Pile lumber or wood away from your house. Certain spiders love to stay in them. Placing them against your house is basically giving them a bridge to cross to your home.
- Cut trees, grasses and other plants that come in contact with your house. Spiders could also live in them and they could invite those arachnids to your house.
- Spray spider deterrent. But of course, see to it that you pick one that is organic-based so it won’t put your health at risk.
Good thing that apart from being a spider killer, Spider Bully also works as a spider deterrent. And as said, it is made with organic ingredients so you don’t have to worry about its effect on your health. Given that, you also don’t need to buy another spider spray so you save money as well.