Several campuses were recently found to have mold problems, no thanks to this year’s unusually wet summer. And rather than risking the student’s health, many schools decided to just delay their opening or in other cases, transfer the classes. But is mold in school the only thing that parents have to worry about for their kids?
Apparently, in North Carolina, it isn’t. Just recently, it was reported that Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools discovered 40 school buses with mold.
In the report, it was said that the fungus soiled the seat belts and other parts of the buses. Nonetheless, the school superintendent said on Monday night that the problem was already dealt with. He stated that the buses were safe for drive and for the kids.
A source though tipped that mold was still on a number of those buses. So, the city’s environmental health department conducted an inspection on them on Thursday. Guy Chamberlin, CMS Associate Superintendent, then relayed that the check-up confirmed mold growth in 40 of the vehicles. And as he added, they repeated to their drivers the need to inspect for mold every morning.
Read more about Mold in School Buses
“Channel 9 first reported on the story about mold found in dozens of Charlotte Mecklenburg school buses on the first day of school.
In photos sent to Channel 9, what appears to be mold could be seen on seat belts and other parts of the buses.
On Monday night, the superintendent said that they had dealt with the problems and that those buses were safe to drive and safe for students.”
Read more about CMS School Buses Found with Mold at: wsoctv.com
The thing to worry most about mold is its effect to health. Exposure to them could cause you allergies, asthma, coughing and breathing difficult. Worse if the mold is of the toxic variety such as black mold. It has been said to cause lung and nose bleeding. Other toxic mold species were even said to cause death.
To avoid all those possible effects of mold, what you need to do is to eliminate it as soon as you notice it. That way, you could prevent the worst of its effects.
But how could you do it? Well, you could brush it off yourself only that would take you a lot of time and work. If you’re not up for that, you could choose to call in a mold exterminator. But you have to be financially ready. A single pro mold removal could cost you around $1000.
If you want a less costly mold remediation method though, you could just do the elimination yourself. But remember that DIY mold removal is only applicable to mold infestation of not more than ten square feet. And if you implement it, it’s best to get the help of organic-based mold removal sprays as Molderizer and Safe Shield to make the sure that the process is safe for you, your family and even the environment.
Molderizer, though it contains no strong chemical ingredients, is your best help to kill mold fast. It changes the spores’ DNA make up so apart from killing them, it also prevents them from growing back. Meanwhile, Safe Shield provides an additional layer that blocks other spores from starting another infestation.
See for Yourself How Well The Two Products Work.