Indoors and outdoors, there are mold spores. If you give them the chance to propagate, no doubt, they would take it. And before you know it, a mold infestation could already be taking over your place and risking your health.
In three high schools in Queens, that’s what happened. Their trailer classrooms were said kept in a bad state. That sustained the growth of mold and so, they were heavily infested by the spores.
Richmond Hill High was the first of the three high schools identified to be contaminated by the fungus. One of its staff, Charles diBenedetto, requested an inspection on them by the teachers’ union’s health unit. That was followed by teachers at Cardoza High School and Francis Lewis High School. And as related by a report, inspectors found heavy concentration of mold in the trailers of all three schools.
In response to it, the Department of Education promptly cleaned the trailers at Francis Lewis and Cardoza high schools before their opening. Meanwhile, students at Richmond Hill High were temporarily removed from contaminated units until they are cleaned.
Read more about Mold in Trailer Classrooms
“Water leaking in through cracked walls. Mold growing in ceilings from vents.
The photo seen above was taken by a teacher at Richmond Hill High School of the ceiling of one of the nearly two dozen trailers where hundreds of students go to class.
“They’re kept in deplorable conditions, where they don’t clean them properly,” said Charles diBenedetto, a teacher at Richmond Hill High School. “The floors sink in because the moisture seeps in through the sheet metal that’s outside, seeping in through the walls, causing the floors to bevel and crack. Some of our trailers actually have metal plates where the floors should be, so that way, nobody falls through the floor.”
Read more about Trailer Classrooms in Three Queens High Schools Infested by Mold at: ny1.com
Mold is indeed a threat to health. More so, if it is black mold. Allergies, nausea, coughing and vomiting are just some of those conditions that they could bring.
But the question is, how are you going to prevent and kill mold effectively?
Well, to avoid its infestation, what you generally have to do is to keep your home dry as possible. And to clear it if it’s already there, you would need to do a mold treatment right after you noticed its presence.
But since a professional mold remediation is expensive, why not just do the removal yourself. As long as the infestation is not more than ten square feet, you sure can do it yourself. Just see to it that the products you use are organic-based to make sure that the process will not further threaten your health.
So, for a treatment that is truly effective apart from safe, why not just pick Molderizer and Safe Shield? Those two organic mold removal sprays have been proven efficient in killing fungus by hotels, hospitals and mold-removal companies even without the help of harmful chemicals. Hence, you could rest assured that your money with them is well worth it.
Try Them Today!