The past summer was unusually rainy. And because of it, mold became an even more common problem not just in houses but in many other buildings. Washington County Courthouse was one of those structures that got it bad from its presence.
The rainwater that leaked inside the courthouse building caused standing water in its basement. That, in turn, led to the infestation of the mold spores and other structural problems.
Following the discovery of it, the officials then condemned the building. Nonetheless, after the result of a mold inspection came out in December, authorities decided to just shut down the courthouse.
Particularly, there were 12 types of mold found in the building. Circuit Judge Christopher Patterson said that in a news post. Five of those types were determined to be immediate risks to people’s health. And so, to protect the health of the employees, it was decided that they would be relocated to the annex office and to another county building.
Read more about Mold Forced Washington County Courthouse Relocation
“The floods of the past summer caused of millions of dollars of damage to Washington County infrastructure, and when rainwater leaked into the county courthouse, it alerted officials to problems that led to the building’s condemnation.
Not long after officials noticed the standing water in the basement, they also began to notice problems with the exterior of the building. Then, a roughly 800-pound chunk of stone fell from the top of the courthouse. Then they found rotten wood, water damage, peeling paint and mold.”
Read more about Washington County Courthouse Employees Moved Out Due to Mold at: chipleypaper.com
There are many things that could lead to mold problems. But just as the incident at Washington County Courthouse showed, leaks are some of the most common sources of it.
Regardless of what caused its growth though, you must clear the fungus immediately to prevent the worst of its effects in your health and finances. But of course, you have to determine and fix first the cause of it to prevent the same thing from happening again.
Well, first off, you got to get some help. And among the many mold remediation products that could offer you that, Molderizer and Safe Shield are your best choices.
Basically, that’s because those two mold removal sprays provide a safe and effective treatment. They are made with organic ingredients, so they pose no risk to health. Hotels, hospitals and mold removal companies have also proven that they truly work.
Additionally, the two of them deliver a complete remediation process. While Molderizer kills the mold spores from their roots to their tips, Safe Shield, on the other hand, seals the treated surface to block the re-infestation of them.
See How Well They Work!