You don’t need to look like the hottest bachelor in a magazine to keep people’s sight on you. All you need to do is keep a brand-new looking car free from rust and you are guaranteed to turn heads and even gain more friends. Here are tips to remove rust from your vehicle and ensure a brand-new looking car all year-round.
- The first thing to do is to gather all the tools which you will need form removing the rust. Keep your safety glasses, dust mask and your rubber gloves at your reach. If you have painters tape or paint tarp, you may also bring them out as they will help protect the surrounding areas of your car. Include a sanding wheel and several sheets of sand paper for a more thorough removal process. Bring your trusted rust removers for your added convenience and ease.
- Start by taping off the portion surrounding the scratch. Your need to do so in order to protect the portions which are still in good shape. When doing this process, make sure that you’ve rolled up your vehicle windows to prevent rust particles from settling in other areas of the body of your car.
- Your next job will be to address the surface of the oxidized rust using your sanding wheel. Make sure that you deal with this process thoroughly and carefully because rushing can increase chances of further damage. When the outer layer is gone, use your sandpaper sheets to address the other parts of your car just to ensure that you get all the rust from your car.
- Once you’re sure that the sanded layer gets smooth, wipe it clean. This time, you may use your choice of rust stain remover. This process will help leave the exposed metal very clean.
- Lastly, bear in mind that rust removal should be done only when your can repaint the sanded area as soon as possible – within the next twenty-four hour period.
Keep these tips in mind and drive the fancy car you’ve always wanted – everyday. What a surefire way to turn people’s heads and make new friends!