Today more and more people are buying secondhand cars. Depreciation happens in a short span of time and so interested car buyers have now been favoring used cars over brand new to save up on money. This phenomenon is not only advantageous to car buyers. Even car owners can also take advantage this through the buy and sell business. All they need to do is very simple – keep their cars looking brand new. For them to do so, they need to be familiar with rust removal processes such as these.
- Before you start, cover up portions of the car which you don’t want to get dusty. You may roll down your windows too.
- Use a grinder to remove the paint around the rust spot. To take off the paint and the primer, you may use a sanding wheel for an easier and thorough process. Use your fingers to test the smoothness of the surface.
- To remove thick rust and when getting into pits, use a sanding wheel. Be very careful when using the sanding wheel as this can cause too much damage to your car when not properly used. You may use your trusted rust remover when doing this process to remove the other microscopic particles of rust.
- Now it’s time to prepare the rust spot for painting. First, wipe the area then tape newspaper on the surrounding parts within three feet.
- Once the area is ready for painting, spray thin coats of primer evenly. Allow the primer to dry overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Sand the rust spot using grit wet sandpaper. The abrasive is designed for sanding paint coats to de-gloss and smoothen the surface. Wipe clean afterwards.
- You should never let the paint sag so spray a thin coat of paint. If you have successfully matched paint colors, you may use several coats of paint to achieve nice finish and perfect color.
- To make the new paint blend with old paint, remember to buff the edges after application of the new paint.
- Let the paint dry for 48 hours. Wash afterwards then polish the car as you wish.
- Never ever wax fresh paint within 30 days after paint.
Use these 10 easy rust removal tips to remove rust make your car a worthy investment for your future businesses.