We use our kitchen knives to make cooking easier and faster in order to serve the most delicious food we can prepare to your family. And because we use our knives in most of our food preparation, we might as well do everything we can to remove rust from it not just for safety purposes but more so for efficiency and convenience as well. Here are easy tips to remove rust from your pocket knives.
- The first thing to do is to remove dirt. Make sure that you remover grease and any lint. You may use wooden toothpicks, soft rags or cloths, olds soft-brushed brushes and cotton tipped swabs when doing so. Always use these tools with non-drying oil.
- After cleaning the knives, it’s time to remove the rust. Rust can be carefully removed by scraping away the rust spot with the tip of another sharp knife. Be very careful and thorough when doing this process. You could be hurt easily when not properly observing precautions. To achieve better results, you may also apply your most trusted rust stain remover using a clean cloth. Choose removers very carefully as some commercial cleaners may be harmful to people, pets and the environment.
- Re-sharpen your knife. First, you need to hold the knife between a 10” – 15” angle from your sharpening stone. Once again, be very cautious when doing this process. Start stroking the blade like you were shaving a thing layer from the stone. Repeat this motion starting at the heel all the way to the tip. Repeat this process on the other side of the blade.
- Clean the handles and the blade. Using your favorite liquid cleaner, wipe the blades and handles using a soft cloth. You may also use cotton-tipped swabs or toothpicks to clean the interiors of your knives. When you’re using pipe cleaners, make sure you do not scratch the surface with the wire core.
- After successfully cleaning your knives, ensure that they stay rust free and clean by providing proper storage. Experts highly encourage knife storage in vinyl rolls. Knife rolls are also perfect for transporting your knives anywhere.
You’re definitely going to have a fun convenient cooking with a lot of delicious food for the whole family! Just bear this five very easy rust removal tips in mind and you’ll have rust-free knives and fun cooking every time.