Without bed bugs, life would be so much better. You could lie in your bed not thinking about them feasting on you while you’re sleeping. You could enjoy your vacation not worrying about taking them with you back home. And additionally, you could spend your money to other important things rather than on bed bug treatments like bed bug spray.
But sadly for everybody, bed bugs exist. And worse, they are now spreading wider across the world. And with the fact that they are sneaky and could infest anybody, it is imperative that you must know how to get rid of bed bugs effectively.
Actually, you have several choices of bed bug treatments and how to kill bed bugs. Each of them offers different sets of benefits and consequences.
Get the Latest News on Bed Bugs[ic_google_news refresh=”every day at 8:00″ keyword=”bed bugs”]
However, the use of a bed bug spray is the said best bed bug treatment method to implement. Primarily, it’s because it offers the simplest and quickest way to eliminate the pests. But there is a problem, there are now so many bed bug products available.
Because of that and because the non-chemical process is hailed the ideal method to kill the pests, more specifically, the use of an organic bed bug spray is the highly advised bed bug treatment. The reason is that it also saves you from several health risks apart from just the blood-sucking insects.
But then again, even with your choices for bed bug sprays narrowed down to those that are organic, still, there are now many products claiming to be green. To solve that problem and many others that could compromise the effectiveness of your bed bug treatment, we listed some of most important do’s and don’ts that you must always remember when doing the elimination. Here they are.
DO Make Sure It’s Bed Bugs You Got
If you woke up with what look like bed bug bites all over, don’t rush your judgment as they look similar with other insect bites. Particularly, they appear just like the bites of mosquitoes and spiders. Some people don’t even react to bed bug bites so the marks on the skin are really poor indication if what you got are indeed the vampire-like bed bugs.
To really make sure it’s bed bugs giving you troubles, look for physical signs of the pests. Generally, those physical signs are the following.
- Small Black Spots – these are basically the droppings of bed bugs. They are very small but a group of them could badly stain or damage an item.
- Shells of Bed Bugs – bed bugs have to molt five times to reach the adult stage. And all those exoskeletons they have to shed, you could take as a big hint of their presence.
- Red stains on sheets and surfaces – small and fast-paced bed bugs are, they could still get crushed. And with them fed on blood, they could leave behind red stains on items and surfaces.
- Pungent-sweet odor – according to bed bug victims, the infestation of bed bugs permeates a sweet-pungent smell. You could follow that scent to confirm the pests’ presence.
DO Inspect Cracks and Crevices
Bed bugs love to stay hidden in beds, couches, walls, carpets and in other furniture pieces that give them easy access to you. But more specifically, they stay in the cracks, crevices and gaps in those items. So when you are doing your inspection, see to it that you inspect every nook and cranny of the an infested item or surface.
DON’T Wait for Tomorrow
Bed bugs multiply fast. In a single day, one of their fertilized females could lay up to three to four eggs. In its lifetime, that could total to more or less 500 eggs.
Now, let’s just say there are 5 fertilized female bed bugs in your house. If you’ll wait for tomorrow before you’ll do your bed bug treatment, you’ll have twenty more bed bug eggs to find and get rid. If you won’t find those twenty more eggs, after staying hidden for a few months, they could multiply and double the population of the pests that you have to eliminate. Or, in another case, they could have your home re-infested.
To avoid those possible consequences, you have to act quick. Given that bed bugs also are fast-paced, their growth in number could speed up their spread. So, if you’re suspecting that you got the pests in your place, promptly implement a house check. And if you confirm their presence, immediately follow it up with your bed bug treatment.
Apart from cutting bed bugs’ chance of multiplying, your prompt bed bug extermination will save you money. And that’s because you are stopping their infestation from bringing you the worst of their effects which often requires too much money.
DO Travel Bed-Bug-Safe
Apart from residences, hotels are some of the places that bed bugs love to infest. In addition, there were also several reports of their sightings in public transports as train, buses and even planes. And what does that tell you?
Well, basically, it says that when you’re traveling, you could pick up the pests and bring them back home with you. And you wouldn’t want to do that. So what do you do?
- First off, don’t stay in a bed bug infested hotel. Bedbugregistry could help you with that as it keeps a list of hotels with history of bed bugs. Before making a reservation, you should check the site if your choice for a hotel is on their list.
- Travel light. Bring only the things you need. Apart from making it easy for you to travel, to do so will limit the things bed bugs could sneak in.
- Before settling yourself to your hotel room, check it first for any sign of bed bugs. Leave your luggage outside or place it above the ground and particularly check the bed, couch, carpet, wall and closet. If you find any sign of the pests, request for another room and do the same. If you find the same problem, it’s best to transfer to a different hotel.
- Back home, don’t get your things inside your house without inspecting it first. Remember, bed bugs are sneaky. They could hitchhike on anything, including your clothes and the souvenirs you bring. And if you fail to inspect them, you could be up for another treatment.
DON’T Do the Elimination by Yourself if the Infestation is Too Massive
Let’s just say you found out you got bed bugs very late. The infestation is already so widespread. If that happens and you don’t think you could handle the extermination by yourself, it is best to hire a bed bug exterminator.
In that situation, to do the bed bug treatment on your own could trigger further widespread. Your attempt to clear the pests could just disturb or scare them away. And with you not able to follow all of them could cause more infestations.
DO Get the Best Chemical-Free Bed Bug Spray
As earlier mentioned, the use of a non-chemical bed bug spray is the ideal way to kill the pests. The reason is because it offers an easy, safe and effective way to clear bed bugs away. Unlike the chemical-based bed bug treatments, the product prevents allergies, asthma, breathing difficulties and even poisoning all while getting rid of them.
But there are now several beg bug sprays claiming they are chemical-free. Which one should you pick?
Well, of your choices, you got to choose the one that was already proven effective and safe. And according to pest-control companies and bed bug contractors, that product is Bed Bug Bully.
It is a pesticide-exempt product as stated under FIFRA 25(b). So, it is basically much safer than any other bed bug spray out there. And what’s more, you could test its safety and effectiveness yourself. Its complimentary samples are now available.