For the past ten years, bed bugs have been continuously spreading across the country. And among the places that they’ve easily invaded are the big cities in various states.
One pest-control company has been ranking those cities annually as to which of them got the most bed bugs. Its ranking was basically based on the bed bug calls it received within a year from all of its 300 branches.
For this year though the company did not just lined-up the cities with most bed bugs. In addition to that, it also named the ones with highest bed bug increases.
Particularly, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Detroit, New York and Columbus were the top five cities that the company determined to have the most bed bug cases. Meanwhile, the top five of the 15 metropolitans it identified to have the highest bed bug rise are the following with their corresponding rate of increase: Sacramento, California – 54%; Milwaukee – 53%; Las Vegas – 50%; Columbus, Ohio – 47%; Baltimore – 46%.
Read more about Cities With Most Bed Bugs Ranked
“Start scratching. Terminix has just issued its annual list of top bed-bug infested cities. In a twist this year, the exterminator has identified the 15 top cities with the largest increase in infestations.
We’ll get to that, but first, a look at where the most bed bug-specific calls from anguished (we presume) customers are coming from. Terminix has 300-plus branches nationwide.”
Read more about Most Bed-Bug-Infested Cities Determined at: usatoday.com
The newly released ranking of top bed bug cities simply shows that those vampire-like pests still continue to wreck havoc in various places. Moreover, the line-up of metropolitans with the highest rates of bed bug increases suggests that any place could be the next haven of those critters.
Hence, with bed bugs now almost everywhere, you must be extra careful not to allow them entry to your place. Else, you would have to deal with a lot of the nasty bed bug bites. Not only that, you might also need to spend too big for the bed bug treatment.
But while there are several steps that you would need to take to prevent the introduction of those tiny bloodsuckers to your house, one that you must give extra attention is traveling bed-bug-safe.
One day, you might travel to anyone of those on the list of top bed bug cities. And if you don’t know how to keep your distance from bed bugs while roaming the place, there is a big chance that you would pick them up. And sneaky as those crawlies are, they could come back with you to your house without you even knowing it.
In addition, bed bugs have also been known to infest even taxis, buses, trains and planes. Needless to say that adds more reasons for you to travel bed-bug-safe.
Steps to a Bed-Bug-Safe Travel
But how do you exactly avoid the pests while traveling? Here are the steps how you could do it.
- Check-In to Hotel with No Bed Bug History. This is easier said than done but is something that you must implement. Sure thing, there is a website that keeps a list of hotels complained for the pests’ presence. However, the site does not verify if the reported case of bed bugs is true or made-up. So, though you could use the site as a reference for picking your hotel, don’t be too complacent and take the other steps to keep those critters at bay.
- Don’t Settle Too Quick to Your Hotel Room. Leave your luggage outside while you check the inside for bed bug signs.
Particularly, check the bed, its headboard and sheets. Look for bed bug spots, feces or shells. You also need to inspect the wall hangings, closet, curtains and couch or chair.
- When You See Any Bed Bug Sign, Request for Another Room. Do similar inspection to your new room.
- Don’t Leave Your Luggage Vulnerable to Bed Bugs. Even if you saw no sign of the crawlies in your room, take caution. Put your bags off the ground or inside a sealed garbage bag every night and when not in use. You could also put them in the tub to prevent bed bugs from crawling inside them.
- When Going Around, Check Where Your Seat in Cabs, Trains or Buses. As mentioned, bed bugs could also be present in them.
- When Packing to Leave, Inspect Your Clothing and Luggage. Specifically, check the seams of your clothes and bags.
- Back Home, Treat Every Item Your Brought Before Getting Them Inside Your House. All washable items, you should launder in the highest temperature possible. All non-washable items, you could dry clean also in the highest temperature possible.
Now, there are bed bug products as well that you could get everything to make the treatment faster and easier to complete. However, you have to be careful of your choice as many of them contains harsh chemicals that could endanger your health and pollute the environment.
For a truly effective and safe bed bug treatment, Bed Bug Bully is one of the best that you could get. And basically, that’s because it was already proven all while being safe. In fact, you could prove that yourself as samples of it are now available.
But as mentioned, bed bugs are sneaky. Apart from possibly picking them up while traveling, there are other circumstances that could bring them to your house. For example, is a bed bug infestation in your neighboring apartment. The cracks on the wall between your units or the ventilation shaft could be used by bed bugs as passage to your room. A visit from a relative or a friend could also introduce the critters to your place.
Because of that, besides traveling bed-bug-safe, you also need to be always ready to implement a bed bug treatment. And with that, you can count that a bed bug spray would help.
Actually, the use of a bed bug spray is just one of the several methods to get rid of the tiny vampires. However, it is the one easiest to implement. It is also far cheaper than hiring a bed bug exterminator.
Additionally, with it prepared, you could implement a prompt bed bug elimination anytime and anywhere. And if you pick the right product, you could also make the whole process safe and effective just as the service that pest-control companies could offer.
But the thing is, there are now so many bed bug sprays for sale. Which of them is the best to get?
As recommended earlier, it is Bed Bug Bully that’s the best for the treatment. If you detect bed bugs early and use this product to kill the pests, you could surely save yourself from a huge bed bug elimination expense.
What’s so special about Bed Bug Bully though?
- It Kills Bed Bugs Fast. As proven by hotels, hospitals and even pest-control companies, it could eliminate the pests in seconds.
- It is Non-Toxic. Unlike most of the bed bug sprays, Bed Bug Bully is made with Green Bean ingredients. And because of the absence of the harsh chemicals in its formula, rest assured that its pose no harm to your health or the environment. In fact, EPA has already classified it as pesticide-exempt under FIFRA 25(b).
Do you want to see for yourself if Bed Bug Bully is indeed effective and safe?