On January 6, a water damage occurred in Greens Farms Elementary School in Connecticut. A fire sprinkler pipe burst and caused quite a damaged. But the problem did not end there.
While water repairs were being done on the damaged section, mold was found in its catwalk area along with lead in the hallway. Good thing that a test for asbestos turned out negative, said the school district’s business manager, Elio Longo.
The school’s insurance claim for the water damage would cover the cost of the mold remediation. However, it got a $25,000 deductible that the school district had to take care of.
As of January 13, the cleanup at the affected parts of the school was still ongoing. It was expected to be completed next week. Meanwhile, to ensure that the students are safe from mold and lead found in it, the area was contained and access to it was limited.
Read more about Greens Farms School Found to Have Mold
“There is still limited access to a section of Greens Farms Elementary School, which suffered significant damage when a fire sprinkler pipe burst during the recent cold snap, Elio Longo, the school district’s business manager, said Monday.
Longo, in updating the Board of Education, said that besides the water damage that occurred Jan. 6, during cleanup mold was discovered in a catwalk area and lead was found in a hallway.”
Read more about Water Repairs in Greens Farms School Led to Discovery of Mold at: westport-news.com
Even if it isn’t seen, mold could still be present. What happened in Greens Farms Elementary School is a proof of it. In your house, it could be growing behind the wall, under the sink or at a covered part of a furniture.
Because of that, it could be a really huge risk to your home and health if you don’t keep your senses alert to any hint of its presence. Apart from causing you major health problems due to the long exposure to its spores, its structural effects and remediation process could also leave you with huge expenses.
Those two solutions are organic-based. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about chemical residues when they are sprayed. Besides that, it was already proven that Molderizer could kill mold spores from the roots to the tips effectively. Safe Shield was also confirmed by hotels, hospitals and mold removal companies to be efficient in blocking them.
See The Solutions in Action!