Meridian Township’s Central Fire Station was set to be replaced since 2012. However, no thanks to black mold, the relocation of its personnel and equipments was recently hastened.
The station was closed on February 13, 2014 after the black mold was discovered in its various sections. According to Meridian Township Fire Chief Fred Cowper, the fungus brought the firehouse in a deplorable condition. And with a plea from the firefighters themselves due to health concerns, he said that they couldn’t just wait any longer to move out of the building.
It was back in the November 2012 when voters approved the construction of a new station to replace Central Fire Station. But because of a dispute between officials and residents of a condominium complex, the project has been delayed.
In light of the recent black mold problem though, along with extensive interior water and ceiling damages, officials were left with no choice but to close the unit. Temporarily, its emergency and fire calls will be handled by two other stations at 2140 Haslett Road and 3711 Okemos Road.
Read more about Black Mold Forced Meridian Township Fire Station’s Closure
“Fire officials plan to close the Central Fire Station today because of deteriorating conditions, including black mold.
Meridian Township Fire Chief Fred Cowper said Wednesday that personnel and equipment will be moved out of the Clinton Street building. Emergency and fire calls will be handled by the township’s other two stations, at 2140 Haslett Road and 3711 Okemos Road, until a temporary building is found.”
Read more about Meridian Township Fire Station Shut Down Due to Black Mold at: lansingstatejournal.com
Mold, especially black mold, brings with its presence several health problems. Cough, allergies and difficulty in breathing are examples of those minor health risks that it could bring. In worse cases, it is said to also cause lung bleeding and other serious illnesses.
However, in order to implement an early mold removal process, you would need to have a ready help. And among the many solutions for the fungus available these days, Molderizer and Safe Shied are your best bet.
Both are made with organic ingredients so, you have nothing to worry about their safety. And because Molderizer is particularly to kill the spores while Safe Shield is specifically to block them off, you could implement a complete remediation process with their help. Also, rest assured that they are effective. Hotels, hospitals and mold removal companies have proven that true.
Test Them Yourself!