The employees and patients of a health facility in Fordham in New York believe that the building exposed them to mold. It was said that some 60 nurses of it have been treated in the center’s own Occupational Health Service for a number of respiratory ailments the fungus caused.
It was last fall when a musty odor was first detected in the building of Montefiore Family Health Center. The source of it and of the mold problem was found to be the severely water-damaged wing of the facility.
Nonetheless, the employees expressed that neither them nor the problem was given the appropriate response. As they stated, the administration even denied initially that there was mold in the center. They added that they also did not inform the patients about it.
However, the health facility’s officials stated that the issue was timely solved and that no one was in danger. Its treatment was said completed some two weeks ago. In addition, the air quality in the building will continue to be monitored, mentioned the hospital authorities.
Read more about Mold in Fordham Family Health Center
“Employees and patients at a Montefiore health clinic in the Bronx may have come down with dangerous respiratory ailments due to mold and asbestos at the Fordham facility.
Approximately 60 nurses and other Montefiore Family Health Center employees have been treated at the hospital’s own Occupational Health Service with respiratory symptoms since last fall, when the staffers first detected a musty odor coming from a severely water-damaged wing of the building.”
Read more about Mold in NY Health Sparked Concerns at: nydailynews.com
Mold has been to linked to many respiratory, and even non-respiratory, illnesses. Hence, the fear surrounding the employees and patients over their likely exposure to it is reasonable.
The problem is that although you’ve taken steps to block the fungus’ presence, they could still grow in various areas of your house. That’s because even a small amount of moisture could trigger their growth. Because of that, you must always be ready to kill mold. And among the many mold remediation sprays, Molderizer and Safe Shield are your best help to do it.
Unlike the majority of the cleaners, these solutions are made with organic ingredients. Hence, they endanger nobody’s health.
In addition, the use of them offers an effective and complete remediation process. That’s because Molderizer kills spores effectively from their roots to the tips. Meanwhile, the use of Safe Shield following the cleanup of mold blocks their return.
See Them In Action!