Shreve Memorial Library thought that it was done with mold. But recently, the fungus showed up again and threatened valuable collections in the facility.
It was back in 2007 when the problem with the spores was first detected. From then on, several measures were taken to clear them. In 2011, efforts to eradicate them, which included the vacuuming of affected books, even cost the library some $25,000 as shared by Barbara Moore, the former main library branch manager.
The return of mold particularly affected the third floor of the facility affecting the print materials and microfilm in it. It also contaminated the Larkin Edwards room, where the library’s special collections of Louisiana law books from the 1820’s, scrapbooks on the history of the library and Sanborn insurance maps are stored.
There was no definite cause of the problem identified. Nevertheless, the officials believe that there are some issues with the building that contribute to it. And so, on March 31, the board agreed to allocate $10,000 to hire a specialist to analyze the problem. That, they hope, would help them determine their next step to completely eliminate the fungus.
Read more about Shreve Memorial Library Battles Mold Again
“It was a long-standing problem many thought was fixed.
But it wasn’t. And now mold threatens to damage volumes of rare historical books, texts and microfilm housed on the third floor of Shreve Memorial Library.”
Read more about Mold Troubles Shreve Memorial Library Again at: shreveporttimes.com
Mold in libraries is not uncommon. And that’s mainly because it could grow anywhere and cause numerous problems in money and health.
However, out of all the places, houses are the ones with the highest possibility of being contaminated. The reason is that moisture is a constant presence in them and just a little of it is all that’s needed for mold to grow.
But how do you get ready for a prompt elimination of the fungus? The answer is to prepare a mold removal spray. And out of the many that you could purchase today, Molderizer makes the best choice as it is both effective and safe.
Molderizer kills the spores from the roots to the tips. It changes their DNA make-up in the process, so, it prevents their re-growth as well. And as it is made with organic ingredients, it leaves no residues that could harm anyone’s health.
Mold clean-up doesn’t end with just the removal of the fungus though. Spray Safe Shield on the spot treated with Molderizer to prevent the spores’ return. The product provides a barrier that blocks the spores from re-infesting the surface, hence, completing the remediation process.
See Them In Action.